Wednesday, June 6, 2012

detox/elimination day 14

i can't even believe i have made it 14 days!! 2 weeks seems so long, but the time has just flown by. so far the program has been very easy. i am shocked by so many things....
1. i have not cheated. not even when my 2 year old nephew tried to force me to eat his chocolate chip cookie (he is the best at sharing)
2. i have not freaked out once.... i am the type who gets a craving and thinks about that craving until it is satisfied.
3. i am feeling so so good. better than i had hoped. even AF was easy this month.

so, i've got 14 more days to go. last day of the detox is june 20th. and starting june 22, hubs and i are on vacation!!!! 10 days of no work!!! halleluah! well deserved.

on the baby making front.... i have finally set up some appointments. i have set up 2 second opinions. one with the local baby making factory, and one with a well known doctor out of las vegas who does free consultations. first up, on june 20th, the local baby factory. the doctor i am seeing is the medical director of a large group of RE's, and is very well respected by baby making professionals in south flor.ida, so it should be interesting.
and next, on june 22, a video conference with the doc in las vegas. this doc also seems to be well respected and knowledgable and well versed in reproductive immunology.

i am super anxious to see what both doctors have to say.

i have also scheduled an appointment with dr d..... for june 29th. he is on vacation for the month of july.... so i wanted to get in before he goes away. and maybe start bcp. so if i want to get started with another cycle in august we will be good to go.

so much going on..... its crazy. the break was definitely good for me. but now i am ready.... i just need to figure out what we are doing.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with you appointments. Get a second opinion truly helps and two should definitely out thins in perspective. I left my RE group in Miami for IVF #2. Sometimes a change brings new answers and can really make all the difference. I hope both go well and you can make a plan from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like I need to try out this detox too. I'm and advocate of second opinions too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    My name is Knoll Maria and I am a graduate student at Bar-Ilan University Information Science Department in Israel. For my final project, I am examining anonymity and self-disclosure in infertility blogs. The target population of the study are women bloggers who were or are going through infertility treatments and also blog about their experience. I am kindly inviting you to participate in this research study by completing the attached survey.

    The following questionnaire will require approximately 5 minutes to complete. Your response is very important to me. Your informed consent to participate in this survey is assumed by completing the survey and by submitting it. Participation is strictly voluntary and you may refuse to participate at any time. A copy of the results will be sent to you, if you choose so.


    Thank you for taking the time to assist me in my educational endeavors. If you require additional information or have questions, please contact by email.
    Click here to fill out the survey: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHY0SC1wT0lHeEFqOGdZN3pXT3p3aHc6MQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your progress!! That detox is nothing short of die-hard... good for you, sister. And - awesome to hear that you are investigating two new options. I can not WAIT to hear how they go for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you go with the doctor appointments??? Hope you're still feeling amazing after that detox too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Just checking in on you... not sure if you've moved away from this blog (I would be so sad if you did!), but in the off-chance you check comments on your older posts, I wanted you to know I am thinking of you. Hoping that everything is going well! I hope you come back to the blog world soon... you are missed!

    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete